Saturday, June 26, 2010

Whole Grain Banana Oven Pancake

Just think of this as Thursday coming early. (This is meant for the next Pennywise Platter Thursday over at The Nourishing Gourmet.)

I wish I had a pic for this but I decided to flip the pancake over first before taking the photo. Well I forgot to grease my cooking dish and the whole thing ended up in a very ugly yet tasty pile. We really liked it though, it didn't need syrup or anything!

Ingredients:

3/8 c. Oat Flour
2 T. Wheat Germ
5/8 c. Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 c. Water/Non Fridge Liquid+1 T Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice
1/4 c. Powdered Milk
1 t. Ground Cinnamon
1/4 t. Salt
1 T. Brown Sugar
1/3 c. Sugar
1/8 c. Butter
1/8 c. Applesauce, unsweetened
1/2 t. Vanilla Extract
1 Egg, beaten
1 Banana, mashed
1 1/4 t. Baking Powder
1/4 t. Baking Soda

Soak flours & wheat germ overnight w/shelf stable liquid & vinegar or lemon juice. I used vanilla soy milk.

Mix in the other ingredients adding the baking powder & soda last. Pour into a greased pie dish or cast iron skillet.

Cook at 375 degrees for 30-45 min, until toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment